This post contains affiliate links which means if you use one of these links to make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog!
Got cabin fever? These self-care ideas are perfect for winter! Choose between calming and energizing self-care activities for both inside and outside the home.
Don’t let the cold weather stop you from engaging in regular self-care! Browse this list of ideas and consider adding one new self-care activity each week this winter.
Inside the home // Energizing:
- Put on some upbeat music and dance around your home
- Try a fun new fitness video
- Clean out your closet and donate or sell clothes, shoes and accessories that no longer fit or serve you
- Make a new soup recipe
- Get down on the floor and play with your pets or kids
Inside the home // Calming:
- Place a warm heating pad on your neck and shoulders and enjoy a hot mug of herbal tea
- Crack open a journal and write 5 things you’re grateful for
- Spend time moisturizing every inch of your body after a warm shower (bonus: send gratitude to each body part as your move along)
- Break out the coloring supplies and draw, doodle, color or even write letters
- Get comfy and do a guided meditation
Outside the home // Energizing:
- Try a new class at a fitness studio
- Layer up and go for a walk to a park, lake, river or trail and enjoy winter nature
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter, food bank or soup kitchen
- Go to an indoor farmers market or craft market
- Visit an animal shelter or sanctuary and socialize or volunteer with animals
Outside the home // Calming:
- Cozy up at a coffee shop
- Check out a museum in your community
- Go shopping for some new houseplants
- Browse at your local library and check out a new fiction book
- Get a massage
Share the self-care love by pinning the image below!