Is there anything better than fresh summer produce? These tomatoes, cucumbers and onions came straight from the garden of a generous family member and I put them right to use. The ingredients amounts do not need to be adhered to strictly–use this recipe as inspiration for creating simple, tasty dishes from summer’s bounty! Any kind of tomato works in here, I just happened to have cherry tomatoes. I used some red and some white onion–go with whatever you prefer or have on hand!
Fresh Cucumber Tomato Salad
Enjoy this fresh cucumber tomato salad as an appetizer, side dish or topper to a leafy green salad. It whips up in a couple minutes and is best enjoyed immediately; however, it can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups cucumbers, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, thinnly sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt + pepper to taste
- Chop the tomatoes, cucumbers and onions and place them into a medium bowl.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt & pepper to veggies.
- Stir until combined.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition in 1 serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories: 52 Protein: 1 g Fat: 3.5 g Carbohydrate: 5 g Fiber: 1 g
Leave a Reply