Adults in eating disorder recovery who are working on resisting anti-fatness. This group is specifically for folks who have/benefit from thin privilege and are navigating their own body image*.
This group is facilitated by Jessica Steinbach, MPH, RD, and is limited to a small number of participants.
*As providers who do not have lived experience with weight stigma, we feel it’s best to refer out to groups for fat folks rather than running them ourselves. Here are some great options:
- Kristy Fassio and Meredith Noble’s group
- Bri Campos’ group
- Liberating Jasper’s group
- SJ of Resilient Fat Goddex’s group
To support folks in eating disorder recovery who are doing the deeper work of addressing fatphobia and weight stigma.
To provide a space where people in ED recovery can connect with like-minded folks.
Jessica is super passionate about ED recovery and dismantling fatphobia and is excited to support you!
6 weekly hour-long support group sessions that address topics such as:
- Exploring what thin privilege is
- Navigating how to cope with body image distress as a thin person in recovery
- Discussing how to actively resist anti-fatness and dismantle weight stigma
- Providing support on how to challenge conversations around anti-fatness in personal settings
- Exploring how to respectfully exist in recovery spaces with thin privilege
- Holding space for hard conversations, mistakes, and growth
This group is not a replacement for individualized medical, psychological or nutritional care, but rather an addition to individual sessions you may be already attending.
Group takes place virtually on Google Meet (a secure video conference platform).
Wednesdays at 4pm Pacific/5pm Mountain/6pm Central/7pm Eastern starting September 14.
The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, September 7, 2022.
$150 (a payment plan of 2 x $75 is available)
Please note there are no refunds or discounts if you miss a session.