You know the ease of opening up a can of tuna, tossing it in a bowl with mayo and, voila, lunch is ready?
This recipe is the plant-powered version of the quick tuna salad. Pretty much the same actions: open up a can of chickpeas, mash it up, and stir in some mayo and crunchy veggies.
I love to eat it with rice crackers or in a whole grain wrap for my main lunch event. It also goes great in a sandwich with whole-grain bread or even atop a bed of greens for a double-salad!
- 2 cans chickpeas drained + rinsed
- 1 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayo (plant-based)
- to taste salt + pepper
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then pour into a medium bowl
- Mash chickpeas to desired consistency with potato masher
- Add mayo, celery, and onions and continue to mash or simply mix together
- Add salt + pepper to taste